Effective date: December 16th 2021
Gold Setu Private Limited, a company incorporated under the laws of India and its registered office at B/189, BDA Colony, Shahpura, Bhopal – 462039, Madhya Pradesh (“Company”, “We” or “Us” and their connotations) operates a website www.goldsetu.co (“Website”), a mobile application “Gold Setu” available on Google play store and Apple app store (“App”), and the uniform resource locator and/or mobile application created for each Merchant (“Merchant Platform”) (the Website, the App, and the Merchant Platform together called as “Platform”). The Company is the service of selling, marketing, distributing, developing, designing, customizing software and technology products for jewellery market along with its ancillary products including customer support, payment solutions, and other allied services. (“Service”).
- The Information Technology Act, 2000
- The Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (the “IT Rules”)
- The Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011
- Any other applicable laws
- All information collected by the Company is with the Users’ consent. The Company is however free to use, collect, and disclose information of the Users which is in the public domain.
- When Users use / register on the Platform, the Users may provide the Company with certain information voluntarily specific to the nature of the Service being availed on the Platform and/or certain information may be collected by the Company. This information may also include sensitive personal information as defined under the IT Rules (“Personal Information”).
- The Users hereby consent to the collection of such information by the Company.
- Information collected by the Company shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Contact Details (Permanent Address, Correspondence Address, Email ID, Mobile No etc.)
- Date of Birth, Nationality
- Age, Gender and other Demographics
- financial information (like credit card, banking details), if applicable
- KYC related information as prescribed by the applicable laws
- We also collect certain information either when the Users provide it using the Platform or Services and / or automatically as you navigate through the Platform (which may include usage details, IP address, device ID and type, your browser type and language, the operating system used by your device, access times, and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies).
- Merchants registering as sellers on the Platform shall also be required to provide GST and KYC related information in addition to the Personal Information as mentioned above. In case, the GST and KYC verification process does not match with the details provided by the Merchants, the Merchants shall not be registered on the Platform.
- The data collected by the Company through its Platform from the Customer shall be shared only with the specific Merchant, solely for the purpose of the transaction being entered into. Whereas all the data provided to Us by the Merchant shall also not be shared with any other Merchant registered on the Platform or any unregistered Merchants.
- If the Company has reasons to suspect that the information provided by any User is misleading, inaccurate, obsolete or incomplete, the Company reserves the right to refuse provision of the Services to the User, at its sole discretion.
USE OF THE INFORMATION COLLECTED:
- We collect Personal Information only necessary for the following purposes:
- To create and maintain your account;
- To enable you to avail of our Services, and ensure efficient customer care experience and develop new features based on the preferences of each Customer and Merchant in order to provide a more customized experience;
- To send surveys or marketing communications to inform You of new products or Services or other information that may be of interest;
- To improve marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze Platform’s usage, improve the Platform’s content and Service offerings, and customize the Platform's content, layout, and Services
- To dispatch transaction-related communications such as welcome letters, confirmation letters and billing reminders;
- To notify the necessary information related to the Platform and Services and your account on the Platform from time to time;
- To maintain records and provide You with an efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Platform;
- To analyze overall trends to helps Us improve the Platform and Services;
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity;
- To comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
- To transfer the data and the rights associated therewith to a third party as part of reorganization or a sale of the assets of any division of the Company or the entire Company itself
- We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information in response to any statutory or legal requirements in order to protect our rights, the rights of our other Users, data processors and any other person or property.
- Finally, We will use or disclose your Personal Information if we believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or property, violations of the Platform’s other policies, or as otherwise required by law when responding to subpoenas, court orders and other legal processes.
- The security of Personal Information is important and We have implemented commercially acceptable means to protect the same. However, remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and We cannot guarantee its absolute security. We have implemented best industry practices and security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the data including Personal Information that is under the Company’s control from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. We are compliant under the globally accepted data security standards of ISO 27001. However, for any data loss or theft due to unauthorized access to the User’s electronic devices through which the User avails the Services, We shall not be held liable for any loss whatsoever incurred by the User.
- In the event, our partners and third parties distribute Personal Information outside the scope of our agreement with such partners or third parties, the Company cannot be held liable for the confidentiality. Further, in case breach of security or actions including without limitation, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes etc., the Company will not be held responsible.
Sharing of Personal Information
- The Company may share your Personal Information with third party service providers (called ‘data processors’) to perform certain processing activities on our behalf, such as Parties involved in hosting and enabling our Services. Please note that We will not share your Personal Information with third parties allowing them to use this information for their own purposes unless you have given explicit consent thereto.
- The payments on our website are processed by a third party who has signed a non-disclosure agreement with us and therefore, are not allowed to share any personal information of the customers.
THIRD PARTY DISCLAIMER:
- Additionally, the Platform may allow for certain content generated by the User, which can be accessed by other Users. Such Users, including any Merchants, Customers, moderators or administrators, are not authorized representatives or agents of the Company and their opinions or statements do not necessarily reflect those of the Company and We are not bound thereby to any contract to that effect. The Company expressly disclaims any liability for any reliance or misuse of such information that is made available by the Users
RIGHTS OF THE USERS:
- As a User, the Company grants complete control of the information submitted. The rights pertaining thereto are enumerated below:
- The right to access, update or delete the information We have of the User. This can be done through the User’s account settings available on the Platform.
- The right of rectification. Users have the right to have their information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object and restrict. Users can object and restrict to the processing of their Personal Information. This may however, interfere with the provision of Services to its optimum level.
- The right to data portability. Users have the right to be provided with a copy of the information We have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. Users have the right to withdraw their consent at any time where consent is given pertaining to Personal Information.
- Please note that Users may be asked to verify identity before responding to such requests. If the Users are unable to perform these actions themselves, please get in touch with the Grievance Officer for assistance.
- If You have any grievance, objection or complaint You may contact the grievance officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org